Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Green Bean Bacon Wraps

My friend Tina gave me this recipe after I requested it when I tried some of these great and wonderful things!!! They are great for snacky type foods so I am posting before I have a pic of them...I am making them tomorrow for New Year's Eve Party so I will post a pic later!

Here what ya need:
1 pkg. Frozen whole green beans (I've used cut green beans and they work just as well)
1lb. bacon
1C. brown sugar ( I put a little more than a cup on mine)
1Tbsp. Soy sauce
1/2Tsp. Garlic Salt

I cut the bacon in 1/2, place 5-6 green beans and roll, secure with toothpick. (I've rolled w/o any tooth picks before and there were fine.)
Once they're all rolled and placed in a single layer baking dish sprinkle rest of ingredients on top. You can marinate overnight but I usually don't and they are just as good!
BEFORE:
AFTER: Somebody snagged two before I was able to take my picture! LOL!!

5 comments:

  1. These are so good! I loved it when you brought those to Bunco. You don't even taste the green beans and I LOVE me some bacon! mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY now I need to go to the store

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my....these sound awesome! How did they come out when you made them for New Years Eve? I think I may take these to Bunco this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were awesome!! And PERFECT for Bunco!! I would post a pic but I can't find my camera cord ANYWHERE!!! I have a few other recipes to post as well I just want to post pics and I can't find my cord!!! Ugh!!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try this with chicken too. The thought just popped into my head. hehe!

    ReplyDelete